The Parish Council is required to have a website accessible for all users and a Website Accessibility Statement by the Public Sector Bodies (Website and Mobile Applications)(No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018, which came into force in September 2018.
Website Accessibility Statement
This website is run by Chalfont St Giles Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means that you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts to suit your needs but you may need to use a plug in.
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen.
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard.
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software.
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
- change the device orientation from horizontal to vertical without making it more difficult to view the content.
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this web site?
We know that some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- There is a GOV.UK link at the bottom of the page which does not have alternative text
- Our pages are not set into regions so it is not easy to move around the pages
- Flash content is on the website header which is not authored to be accessible
- Unordered lists are used in the navigation panes
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website:
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this web site however iff you need information on this website in a different format, please contact the Parish Clerk and we will discuss your needs.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01753 890517.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing Public Sector Bodies (Website and Mobile Applications)(No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018. (the accessibility regulations)
If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, please contact the Equality advisory and support service (EASS).
Technical Information about the accessibility of this web site.
Chalfont St Giles Parish Council is committed to making it’s website accessible in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Website and Mobile Applications)(No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is currently partially compliant due to the non-compliances listed below:
- Some pages may contain attachments which are not currently compliant such as older PDF files such as meeting minutes, agendas, and additional papers which were published before 23 September 2018 or content produced by third parties using third party software.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations.
We will do all that we can to identify content that is non-compliant.
Documents that are supplied to us by other organisations will not be edited to make them accessible.
Content that is not within the scope of the accessibility regulations.
Many of our older PDFs, Word and Excel documents do not meet accessibility standards – for example they may not be structured so they are accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value)
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they are not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix meeting agendas or minutes for meetings which were published prior to 23 September 2018.
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with information on how users can access our services and forms published as word documents. By September 2021, where possible, we plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
Any new PDFs and documents created by us will meet accessibility standards.
How we tested our website.
We tested the website http://www.chalfontstgiles-pc.gov.uk during December 2022. The test was carried out by Aubergine 262.
Clerk: Helen Griffiths
Post: Chalfont St Giles Parish Council, Parish Council Offices, Gravel Hill, Chalfont St Peter, SL9 9QX
In Person: By appointment weekdays 10am to 3pm
This statement was created in March 2021 and will be kept under review and amended when necessary.