A contract to upgrade the Parish Council lighting to LED and to maintain the lighting for 3 years is now available on the contract finder website.
The Met Office have issued an amber weather warning for this area for Friday 18 February.
High winds are predicted with the amber classification meaning:
- There is a good chance that flying debris could result in a danger to life
- Damage to buildings and homes is likely, with roofs blown off and power lines brought down
- Roads, bridges and railway lines are likely to close, with delays and cancellations to bus, train, ferry services and flights
- There is a good chance that power cuts, possibly prolonged, could occur , perhaps affecting other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- Large waves are likely and beach material is likely to be thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties, and flooding of some coastal properties seems likely.
- It is likely there will be falling branches and some uprooted trees
Please do not go to wooded areas and stay away from trees.
Advice on how to stay safe in a storm can be found here:https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/seasonal-advice/your-home/stay-safe-in-a-storm