The Met Office have issued an amber weather warning for this area for Friday 18 February.
High winds are predicted with the amber classification meaning:
- There is a good chance that flying debris could result in a danger to life
- Damage to buildings and homes is likely, with roofs blown off and power lines brought down
- Roads, bridges and railway lines are likely to close, with delays and cancellations to bus, train, ferry services and flights
- There is a good chance that power cuts, possibly prolonged, could occur , perhaps affecting other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- Large waves are likely and beach material is likely to be thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties, and flooding of some coastal properties seems likely.
- It is likely there will be falling branches and some uprooted trees
Please do not go to wooded areas and stay away from trees.
Advice on how to stay safe in a storm can be found here:https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/seasonal-advice/your-home/stay-safe-in-a-storm